Monday, August 12, 2013

2 Guns

When asked, I typically tell people that my favorite genre of movies is action, or action adventure. However, while I love fast intense action sequences and scenes filled with car chases and shootouts, I also dearly love to laugh. For this reason, perhaps I've been telling people the wrong thing all along, perhaps I should be telling them my favorite genre is action comedies. After all, they have a little bit of everything I love in a movie. This being the case, when I found out about the new film 2 Guns I couldn't wait to see it.

Add to this an intriguing plot and some great actors and it's no wonder that I went to the movie little more than a week after it came out. 2 Guns tells the story of Bobby (Denzel Washington), a DEA agent who is working undercover, and Stig (Mark Wahlberg), an undercover Navy Intelligence officer. The twist? Both think that the other is an honest to goodness criminal. From there on the story continues into a twisted mess of inter-agency miscommunication, botched crimes, and betrayal. It's a movie that is equally full of crazy action shots and a lot of laughs. This is largely due to the interaction between Bobby and Stig, two vastly different characters, personality wise, who play off each other fantastically.

The plot may get over the top convoluted at times, due to the large number of competing parties at play, but the character interaction makes up for it all and Washington and Wahlberg pull off some great performances. All said, its certainly a movie worth seeing, especially if you are in the mood for some good summer laughs and action.

-Lynx

No comments:

Post a Comment